- My full name is Emily Hendricks. (That may or may not change over the summer when I get married.)
- I was born in Southeast Missouri 25 years ago and have lived there all of my life (until this August when we're Going West.)
- I have a degree in Journalism which I only sort of use.
- I am a freelance writer.
- I'm also a media person for my family's bookstore. I grew up constantly with a book in my hand because of that place.
- I've been crocheting since I was 6 years old. I never make adult/kids clothes, but I do make baby stuff, afghans, and cute furry scarves.
- I started tracing my family history when I was a kid and now I'm very, very much into it and have been for a few years now. I consider it more than a hobby - it's an all consuming passion.
- I'm not having a traditional wedding and I'm proud of it. There will be no bridal march because I hate that song.
- My favorite movie of all time is Steel Magnolias. I own 3 copies.
- My least favorite movie is the Green Mile. That damn movie gave me nightmares for years.
- I read Wish You Well (David Baldacci) and Murder on the QE2 (a Murder, She Wrote novel by Donald Bain) at least three times a year. They are my go-to books when I need a pick me up or a quick, good read.
- I'm marrying a guy from Europe. His grandmother has that side of his family traced back all the way to a Dutch knight. He also marvels about how we have to scramble and search for records in America when everything in his country is apparently perfectly laid out and easily traceable.
- I'm in love with my iPhone.
Some quick facts about me: