Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Legacy Software

I think I'm in love with Legacy's genealogy software. It's a bit complicated at first, but I've spent a great deal of time over the past few days entering data into the program. Since my trip today was canceled because of a work thing and rescheduled for next Wednesday (I took the day off for it, and if anyone calls me in I will hurt someone, no joke), I spent my evening reviewing the sourcing section of the program.

I love it. I love the citations, the details. I have a journalism background, so I'm a sucker for documentation, sourcing and details. I can enter where I found all this information - death records, my aunt's research notes I received after her death, or newspaper microfilm. It's all perfectly documented now.

Did I mention I'm totally in love?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily
    I have chosen your blog to receive the "One Lovely Blog" award. You may stop by my blog to see the rules that go along with accepting this award. Thanks! Lisa OldStonesUndeciphered.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, looks like you got nominated again...I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for taking the time to post your stories! I have chosen you to receive the "One Lovely Blog" award. You may stop by my blog to see the rules that go along with accepting this award. Ginger

    ReplyDelete