Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pictures, Pictures and More Pictures

Over the weekend I was finally given a bunch of old family photos that I had been hoping to receive from that one relative I blogged about yesterday (hereby known as The Relative). Because she's alive I won't give details like her name or actual relationship to me, but I will say that she is someone who is extremely close to my in the family tree but someone who I don't talk to often because we don't exactly see eye to eye on many topics. The perks of being an adult is I'm no longer forced to deal with her unless I have to.

Anyway, I was given all these pictures and now I'm trying to figure out two things: who half of these people are and what to do with them once I figure it out. Identifying them will be a challenge in a good way, since I love mysteries.

Two things stand out in my stack of pictures - a picture of me and my favorite great-aunt, who passed away when I was 15 and a picture of my parents and I.

My aunt, who is a mystery unto herself (my family is full of 'em), was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She had her quirks and when she died I cried more than I had expected I ever would. We weren't really close, but she was a great lady.

The photo of my parents and I is a rare one - and even better, we're all smiling. They had a rather unpleasant divorce when I was in the 1st/2nd grade. The one I have now was taken at someone's birthday party when I was maybe 3 years old. I'm getting it framed.

What do you do with old pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment