Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Switching Gears

I'm adding another thread to my research in addition to Flora. I'm going to continue to research her, but since it's getting frustrating I'm also going to start working on another side of my family - my mother's.

At some point last summer I did a TON of research, but I still end up knowing very, very little about them. Here's what I know:
  • Her father (my grandfather - and I use that term very, very loosely) was born with his name spelled Rodgers and died with it as Rogers. Same with his brothers, but not his sisters.
  • One of his sisters was born Juanita and died Dorothy. No idea why.
  • That same sister (the only one that lived past childhood) was married to a football player for the Chicago Cubs back in the 1930s.
  • Supposedly, we're Indian. That's what I've always been told, but I don't know if it's true or not.
Right now I'm adding what I know into my database, then I start looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment